Are you a savvy marketer and a great storyteller, with a passion for inclusive and local African technology, entrepreneurship and innovation?
We are looking for a creative, entrepreneurial marketer who thrives in an agile and fast-paced environment. You will work closely with the Senior Ecosystem Manager and our project teams, to design and implement integrated marketing strategies that support our work, and you will also play a key role in building and managing our brands, uncovering and telling stories of the individuals and businesses we impact! You will be based at our Woodstock Bandwidth Barn, but will spend time working with and supporting our Khayelitsha Barn too.
We are looking for a marketer… but also a thinker, a (social) entrepreneur, a hustler, a team-player, a designer, a storyteller to join our high performance team…
Please send applications to Claire Jowell on firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “CiTi Marketing Manager Application”. Attach a CV, no longer than 2 pages, as well as a short cover letter with examples of recent marketing projects/ campaigns you’ve worked on.
Option to add a 60-second intro video explaining your relationship with technology and why you’re suitable for this role. Applications close 10 March. Salary is R25,000 – R30,000, depending on experience.
- At least 3 years of marketing, communications (or PR), digital experience (social media, email marketing, content strategy, events).
- Proven track record of execution and delivery.
- Experience with PPC advertising, and campaign design
- Project Management experience, working with a PM tool such as Trello, Asana.
- Fluent in English, isiXhosa beneficial
- Proficient in page management on: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- Proficient in: Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Google AdWords, WordPress
- Photoshop, Illustrator proficiency beneficial
- Strong writing and communication skills
The ideal candidate for this job has the following key attributes:
- Proactive, curious and self-motivated
- Highly organised, with an eye for detail and design, yet flexible in their apprach to work.
- Strategic mindset and continuous learner – actively keeps up with marketing trends and techniques
- Passionate about technology and entrepreneurship
- Excellent communicator and storyteller
- People person
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Honest and straightforward in communication; comfortable with airing concerns and giving/ receiving constructive feedback
- Team player, willing to get stuck in to get something done.
- Able to work in a lean and agile work environment, and a willingness to work flexibly and overtime as needed.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY/ EXECUTION
- Social Media strategy, content creation, management and reporting
– Work with Senior Ecosystem Manager to do a full social audit and design a strategy for all the organisation’s social profiles, using them as an effective and measurable tool for brand building, thought leadership and lead generation.
– Create and publish valuable content, and manage pages on an ongoing basis. Work with graphic designer to create content.
– Stream events and focus on more live social activations, capturing the stories and magic that happen at our tech hubs.
- Email/ newsletter development
– Work with Senior Ecosystem manager to create an email communications strategy, and to curate/ create content to support the strategy.
– Set up and send email campaigns from Mailchimp, working with a designer where necessary.
- Website management and reporting
– Support a website redesign – content creation
– Ensure the website is always up-to-date, and manage any updates to the content.
– Manage the blog and content, adopting an inbound marketing strategy
– Implement a reporting system for measuring site traffic and to measure campaigns, using utm links.
- Lead generation and marketing campaign design and delivery for programmes
– Work with programme and project teams to develop integrated lead gen campaigns for programme recruitment – including digital advertising, PR, partner engagement, print or radio advertising. Work with 3rd party agencies to create and optimise PPC campaigns
– Think creatively, experiment and leverage the ecosystem to improve the quality and design of our recruitment
– Work with third party agencies to create and optimise online PPC campaigns
– Measure all marketing activity and continuously seek new channels and partnerships to support marketing.
- Lead planning and execution schedules for CiTi’s marketing function
– Develop a deep understanding of our projects and programmes, and their marketing and delivery schedules
– Maintain a marketing calendar and project plan that includes all key dates of programmes and projects
- CiTi brand and ecosystem building
– Work with Senior Ecosystem Manager to build the CiTi brand nationally, telling out story and impact in a compelling and engaging way through mixed media.
– Identify opportunities within our ecosystem and the broader ecosystem for our team, our Barn members, and alumni.
– Conceptualise, market and host events at the Bandwidth Barns (marketing of events, RSVPs, and event management.
… but who are we?
The Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative (CiTi) is a social enterprise (NPO) that was established 18 years ago by a group of local entrepreneurs alongside the Bandwidth Barn – our tech hub and home. CiTi is Africa’s oldest incubator, and the organisation has impacted 1000s of entrepreneurs and individuals, through our entrepreneur development programmes, skills development programmes and key projects.
Our mandate is to promote inclusion in the digital economy, and we work closely with local government, corporate South Africa, NGOs and entrepreneurs to achieve this.
As a team – we are straightforward, extremely agile and hell-bent on impact. Relationships with our team, our stakeholders, our entrepreneurs, our students are important. We are an ecosystem, and we go out of our way to create opportunities for the people we work with.