Women in Business
April 21 @ 8:00 am - August 31 @ 5:00 pm
As we navigate these new and uncertain times, we believe that it is crucial for entrepreneurs to invest their time, effort and energy into business activities that will ensure sustainability and a move toward their new growth checkpoints in their entrepreneurial journey. A digitally enabled business has the capacity to navigate challenges and opportunities in a streamlined and more efficient manner. As part of the select group of women business owners that form the core of our fully funded Women in Business Programme, female founders are given the opportunity to invest their time and effort in knowledge and skills that will enable both business and personal growth trajectories.
Conceptualised and presented by the Cape Innovation & Technology Initiative (CiTi), the programme aims to create an empowering atmosphere for women who are eager to infuse technology into their businesses. The programme boasts a supportive and creative environment that exposes female entrepreneurs to the latest available technology resources to improve and grow their business.
Participants will benefit from access to comprehensive information and experience shared by highly skilled facilitators and mentors. The program provides a forum for entrepreneurs to introduce efficient systems and processes through the implementation of technology products and services that promote growth, sustainability and scale-up.
The programme is implemented through a series of facilitated interactive sessions. These sessions are designed to clarify, test and apply business learnings whilst maximising peer-to-peer knowledge sharing practices.
Participants are provided with the opportunity to focus on strengthening their personal entrepreneurial abilities while learning critical business skills. The programme allows entrepreneurs the intellectual space to focus in a flexible and accessible way.
Participants are guided through each stage of business development via monthly face-to-face community mentorship sessions during which they are given the opportunity to learn, share information and collaborate.
In response to the outbreak of the coronavirus, the programme has been adapted to suit an exclusively online engagement strategy. In addition, participants will have access to additional online learning components.
Lara Rosmarin, Head of Incubation and Entrepreneurial Development at the Cape Innovation & Technology Initiative (CiTi), says, “Despite recent events, the CiTi team is determined to deliver a successful Women in Business programme. We’ve adapted a sizable portion of our programme to an online format to play our part in social distancing to limit the spread of COVID-19.”
To apply for the Women in Business programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Female founders and CEOs with a desire to introduce or improve technology in their businesses (at least 51% female-owned)
- Business must be registered (CIPC) and operational for at least 12 months
- Applicants must be 25 years or older
- Be available to attend weekly workshops every Tuesday morning (Woodstock) and Thursday morning (Khayelitsha) for the duration of 10 weeks physical workshops (June–August 2020) where applicable, however we have adapted a sizable portion of the programme to be done online
- Be available once a month for online support and once a month for mentorship sessions for a duration of the 10 months starting in September 2020. (September 2020–June 2021)
- Where possible, workshops are held at both our Woodstock and Khayelitsha venues. Successful applicants must be able to travel to one of the specified venues. In the event that face to face workshops are not possible, an online format will be utilised to deliver components of the programme
Female entrepreneurs who would like to take part in the Women in Business programme must submit their applications on the Cape Innovation & Technology Initiative’s website www.citi.org.za or like and follow the Cape Innovation & Technology Facebook page for news and updates. After your application is received, you will be invited to an interview, which will determine if you are selected to take part in the programme.
For more information and to apply, go to www.citi.org.za