CapaCiTi’s vision is to enable an inclusive growth of the digital economy by ensuring a supply pipeline of future-fit, skilled employees with relevant digital skills matched to industry demand. The Digital Career Accelerator partners with a range of stakeholders and funders to give unemployed and under-employed previously disadvantaged South African youth the technical skills that will enable them to secure jobs.
CapaCiTi, in partnership with the Western Cape Government, is offering tech companies a cohort of 30 skilled, subsidised or partially funded candidates who are skilled in data administration and will be available for placement from 1 March 2021.
The Year Beyond Data Administration 13-month training programme is designed to nurture school leavers and build skills and capabilities in candidate volunteers, known as “Yeboneers”. In the first four months, CapaCiTi trains the candidates by equipping them with technical training, personal development and professional development, leading to a 10-month placement with a hosting company.
For many of our candidates, this will be their very first job or exposure to the world of work. Regardless, they are currently using MS Office Suite confidently and showing great commitment, personal growth and resilience. In terms of their technical ability, they are still eager to learn, and with enough time and practice, they can become very competent. These young Yeboneers have an excellent attendance and engagement record and are excited about participating in their first step towards a fulfilling career.
Our candidates are suitable for positions in Secretarial Services, Reception Services, Switchboard Operations, Basic Contract Administration, Call Centre Services, Data Administration, Data Capturing and back-office support functions.
- Train candidates on our campus once a month during hosted placement
- Pay stipend to candidate R2,500pm
Undertaken candidate management activities such as monitoring attendance and wellbeing checks
- Report back to funders on placement progress
The host company will:
- Ideally provide a fixed term contract for 10 months (1 Mar – 31 Nov) (please note this is not essential as they can remain on their volunteer contract)
- Allow for training once a month on a scheduled Friday
- Top up stipend where possible
- Manage work outputs and HR, together with the CapaCiTicandidate management
- Provide scheduled candidate feedback via templates
If you are interested in hiring your next data candidate, contact Gaylin Daniels at firstname.lastname@example.org.