CiTi and CSG have come together to empower and uplift female ICT entrepreneurs in South Africa. Through broadening the Entrepreneurial Development programme Women In Business nationwide as part of CSG South Africa’s commitment to making tech skills accessible. While also advocating for Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE).
More about CSG.
For more than 35 years, CSG has simplified the complexity of business, delivering innovative customer engagement solutions that help companies acquire, monetise, engage, and retain customers. Operating across more than 120 countries worldwide, CSG manages billions of critical customer interactions annually, and its award-winning suite of software and services allow companies across dozens of industries to tackle their biggest business challenges and thrive in an ever-changing marketplace. CSG is the trusted provider for driving digital innovation for hundreds of leading global brands, including Airtel Africa, América Móvil, AT&T, Charter Communications, Comcast, DISH, Formula 1, Hutchison 3 Indonesia, Inmarsat, Mastercard, Maximus, Microsoft, Mobily, MTN, New Leaf Service Contracts, State of California DMV, TalkTalk and Telstra.
Entrepreneurial Development and Incubation.
For the last 20 years, CiTi has helped businesses become more sustainable through the implementation of customised incubation, acceleration, training, and support programmes for entrepreneurs, SMMEs and corporate businesses. We are able to provide bespoke, specialized incubation programmes that are tailored to desired outcomes or goals. In 2019, both CiTi’s Entrepreneur Development and Skills Development (CapaCiTi) programmes expanded to support entrepreneurs and youth across the country, and on a Pan-African scale.
The Women In Business programme provides female entrepreneurs with strategic support to implement and adopt digital platforms and programs that up-skill their technological savvy candidates to drive business growth and promote inclusion in the digital economy. This year, the programme seeks 30 female Information and Communications Technology (ICT) entrepreneurs for a ten-week programme, thereafter, to continue to a dedicated ten-month mentorship programme that includes opportunities to connect with CSG women in leadership.
Lara Rosmarin, head of Incubation and Entrepreneurial Development at Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative states that, “In Africa, women business owners are defying social norms in the face of systemic obstacles that include limited access to funding, inadequate scaling resources, and challenges with worklife balance”. “Through the Women in Business programme, we are helping women overcome these hurdles with strategic support, mentoring, peer to peer learning, and networking opportunities that enable them to navigate tough competition and thrive. With CSG’s support, we are thrilled to now accept nationwide requests and provide female business owners across all of South Africa with the powerful tools they need to grow their businesses”.
CiTi and CSG are calling for applications for the new Women In Business cohort and the call for applications is nationwide.
To apply for the Women In Business programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The business should be based in South Africa.
- The business owner needs to be a South African citizen.
- Female founders and CEOs with an interest in further education and the desire to explore the implementation of the top tech tools available to enhance business capability and enable them to better compete and thrive in the digital economy (51% female-owned).
- Business must be in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Sector.
- Business must be registered (CIPC) and operational for 6-12 months (proof will be requested).
- Valid BBBEE status (certificate/affidavit) (proof will be requested).
- Applicants must be 21 years or older.
- Be available to join one virtual workshop per week (2 hours) for the duration of the 10-week programme.
- On completion of the 10-week modular programme, entrepreneurs need to be available once a month for the mentorship sessions over a period of 10 months.
For more information on the CiTi Women in Business programme email email@example.com.
Applications can be submitted via this link.