Have you gained an IT qualification to an NQF level 4? Are you curious about progressing your career in computer software and tech?
Then this System Development Learnership is for you!
CapaCiTi is running a Systems Development Learnership NQF level 5, of which 6 months will be spent in training at our technology campus in Cape Town and the remainder in a placement on-site at a market-leading technology company. The learnership is designed to provide a broad immersion into the nature of technology, help you learn how to use and apply a variety of systems technologies, and instill an appreciation of the impact Information and Communications Technology (ICT) has on yourself and society.
Upon completion of the programme, you will gain essential knowledge and skills to progress your IT career and be awarded a National Certificate: Information Technology (Systems Development) qualification if you successfully complete all aspects of the training. A certificate of completion will be endorsed by MICTSETA after you graduate from the course.
The course is delivered over a period of 12 months, which includes 6 months of theory and application training on campus in Salt River and 6 months of practical experience at our client’s site who are based in Durbanville. You will need to ensure you can travel to both sites and commit to attending full-time at each location for that part of the programme.
What is expected of me?
- To attend classroom-based training sessions at Salt River campus
- To complete and submit a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE)
- To complete practical workplace activities at our client’s site in Durbanville
- To complete workplace logbooks
Throughout the programme you will develop your professional skills through our Jobs Critical Skills and Career Critical Skills programmes. These elements will help ensure you are ready and prepared for the workplace.
What will the course offer me?
- Teach me to communicate effectively with fellow IT staff and users of information systems
- An understanding of the role of technology in the business world
- Learn to problem-solve and to apply these problem-solving techniques in a systems development environment
- Learn and understand Systems Development, with all its implications
- The ability to relate to business problems and information technology solutions
- An opportunity to apply the principles of creating computer software
What are the course modules:
- Personal Development
- Database Design, Development and Implementation
- Computer Programming and Problem Solving
- Programming and the World Wide Web
- Gathering Techniques for Computer System Development
- Intro to HTML & CSS
- Intermediate HTML & CSS
- Intro to Python
- Python Fundamentals
- Intermediate Python
- Intro to Java
- Java Fundamentals
- Intermediate Java
What career may I pursue after completing this programme?
- This qualification has been designed to allow entry into a Systems Development qualification at NQF level 6 and above for example Diploma level.
- This qualification will help you on your pathway to an IT career in roles such as Web or App Developer, Systems Administrator, or other IT positions.
To apply you need to meet the following criteria:
- Completed a Grade 12 / Matric
- Foundational skills in English and Mathematics at NQF level 4
- Be Tech savvy and able to demonstrate practical experience in IT skills and computer use.
- Be curious about software development
- Want to follow a career in IT
Apply now: https://bit.ly/SystemsDevInfo