The Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative (CiTi) is Africa’s oldest tech incubator. Working with government, business and society, CiTi promotes the inclusive growth of the digital economy.
The Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative (CiTi) was established in 1999. Over the past 20 years, CiTi has played an integral role in catalysing and supporting the Cape Town tech ecosystem, now recognized as the most productive on the African continent.
In 2018, both CiTi’s Entrepreneur Development and Skills Development (CapaCiTi) programmes have expanded to support entrepreneurs and youth across the country, and on a Pan-African scale.
The Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative excels through:
- Great industry reputation for delivery, thought leadership and innovation
- Physical presence in the vibrant communities of Woodstock and Khayelitsha
- Complete end-to-end business support from idea stage to R30m-a-year companies
- Scarce skills development and high-value job placement
- Strong M&E and administration
- B-BBEE Level 1 supplier that can address 3/5 elements of the B-BBEE Scorecard
- Strong corporate, public, academic and SMME partnerships
- Proven clustering and ecosystem development in fintech, edtech and gaming