The Cape Innovation and Technology Initiative (CiTi) strives to create an ecosystem and an environment that stimulates the creation of tech and tech-enabled businesses and skills.
VeloCiTi is the longest running entrepreneurial support programme in South Africa incorporating:
- Technology and innovation for participation in the digital economy.
- Building blocks of business operation & communication
- Mentorship & individual support.
- Peer-to-peer learning.
- Introduction to funding networks & supply-chain networks.
- Long-term support for growth & sustainability.
These pillars allow us to commercialise ideas, make small businesses more efficient, sustainable, profitable and ensures their growth.
VeloCiTi – Y
Idea & market validation
Building a POC
10 week programme
Start up to less than 1 year in operation
Improve compliance & efficiency
10 week programme
VeloCiTi – S
Growth stage businesses
Must be trading for longer than 1 year
Holistic diagnostic of your business
Access to supply chain opportunities
Access to funding networks
Intensive application and recruitment process/Spaces are limited per programme/Tech and tech enabled business/We support you through your entrepreneurial journey.
- Great industry reputation for innovation and thought leadership
- Complete end-end business support from an idea stage to R25m a year companies
- Building and growing the ecosystem to assist all entrepreneurs
- Customised programmatic support, tailor made for every entrepreneur
- Providing our entrepreneurs access to networking, funding and supply chain opportunities
- Strong private, public, academia, NGO’s and SMME partnerships
- Our culture of integrity, accountability and delivery.
This programme is specifically designed for start-ups and companies that have been trading for less than a year. We will assist you in navigating the pitfalls of a new business, which traditionally has the highest failure rate.