UCT Post Graduate Diploma in Business and Systems Analysis (BASA)
The CapaCiTi Post Graduate Diploma in Business and Systems Analysis combines training with an internship and a structured support programme with a clear focus on re-skilling and up-skilling non-IT degree-level graduates in the foundations of business and systems analysis.
University of Cape Town (UCT) Informations Systems Department.
NOF Level 8
Western Cape Government Department of Economic Development and Tourism, Jobs Fund, W&R SETA, INSETA
Programme terms and conditions
The Cape IT Initiative reserves the right to change all and any aspect of this programme at any time. CiTi also reserves the right to cancel the programme if insufficient funding and/or if there are too few host companies for the interns. Candidate selection decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
*Schedule provided upon programme start.
- Understanding Organisations
- Decision making in Organisations
- What is an Information System?
- MS Excel
- Essay writing – Referencing
- Introduction to Design Science
- Introduction to Business Modelling
- Process Modelling, Metrics, Data Modelling, Dashboard Design
- Preparing a Business Case
- BPML’s and Tools
- ERP and SAP
- Technology Landscape
- Business Intelligence
- Requirements Analysis
- Use Case Diagram, narratives
- Change Management
- Planning, Executing, Evaluating, Testing
- Quality Assurance
- Project Management, PMBOK
- Casual Loop Modelling
Application Deadline: Applications are now closed
Start Date: January 2015
Duration: 12 Months
- South African Citizen
- Aged between 21 and 35 years of age as at the programme start date
- Must have any (completed) graduate degree for which they attained at least 60% grade point average (GPA)
- Should either be unemployed or not employed in their preferred career
- Apply via website
- CapaCiTi and trainer vetting.
- Invitation to interview
- Company pitching
- Final selection